The Journey of a Roll Cage from Supply Chain to Shop Floor
Roll cages are used by millions of businesses around the globe every single day. The simple yet highly effective product is the ultimate tool for transporting bulk goods from the supply chain to the shop floor, playing a significant role in your daily operations.
The journey of a roll cage from supply chain to shop floor can be varied, and a deeper understanding is essential for maintaining the best solution for assets and staff members alike.
Where are roll cages used?
A roll cage could be used in many situations for a whole host of different supply chain to shop floor activities. Common journeys that the roll cage will encounter include but are not limited to;
- Moving products from the manufacturing factories to the vehicles
- Loading up bulk stock from the delivery lorry before transporting to storage warehouses,
- Moving stock from the warehouse to the back storeroom,
- Transporting stock from storerooms to the shop floor,
- Moving sold stock from the picking and packing facility to transport facilities.
Roll cages can be adapted to suit your needs through the addition of rails or shelving. Subsequently, then, they can be used throughout various processes of internal stock and equipment transportation.
Why are roll cages used?
The fact that roll cages can be used on any flat (or ramped) surface with ease is a natural selling point. However, there are many additional reasons why businesses should select roll cages for moving items around the supply chain and to the shop floor. They include;
- They are compact units, meaning you can fit them in tighter spaces such as aisles,
- They offer the quickest and most efficient way of moving goods without damaging them,
- They are a great option for staff safety, for their backs as well as manoeuvrability,
- They offer an extremely cost-effective solution that do not need tech upgrades,
- They are instantly usable and do not require needless checks prior to movement.
Roll cages are a familiar product for most workers in retail, offices, and stock management facilities. They are one of the simplest products you’ll ever use, but they are undoubtedly one of the most effective too.
What care should be taken?
Roll cages are fairly robust thanks to the steel frames and smooth operating wheels. However, the fact that they handle a vast volume of different materials and are used throughout fast-paced environments that are littered with potential hazards means that they will encounter damage from time to time.
On a brighter note, you won’t need to worry about cosmetic scrapes. After all, roll cages are embraced entirely for their function. Nonetheless, any damage to the cage sides, door, shelves, rails, and opening mechanisms need addressing. Likewise, if the wheels are starting to encounter friction or the brake doesn’t work, you must solve this issue.
With Distribution Maintenance by your side, completing repairs and adaptations is only a call away. This saves you the time, money, and hassle of replacing roll cages prematurely, allowing your supply chain to shop floor journeys to remain smooth.